Excellent Start

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM
Edited Jul 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM
I see lots of potential in this project. After testing out the program out the program, I think simplicity is its biggest plus. To get started, I'd like to see a better description of what it does and what features it has. I'd love to see this project implement a LINQ interface., though I'm not sure how much work that would be. Thanks for the code and the permissive license. ----Edit---- I just noticed the Test project includes a use of LINQ by grabbing all the objects in the table and then querying them. That's definitely useful.
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2010 at 10:52 PM
Edited Jul 10, 2010 at 2:11 AM
Thanks! A major update is on it's way in the next few days to make it much more powerful and simple. 
Implementing a Linq interface would be too much work for the practicality gain. 
You can perform linq queries on the records property (and on the table) using a linq to objects query.  -- Edit -- Glad you found it ;p
you *should* be able to perform the query directly on the table itself (thanks to it implementing IEnumerable), you *may* get an exception / compile error
due to a potential mismatch between the type you're expecting and the fact it returns object's, but that's easy to overcome.
/-- Edit --
The new version unifies the Table and Table<T> classes so there's much less work involved with them and better use of the exceptions. 
Thanks for your interest though!
Clint Pearson,
Sent from my iPhone

On 9 Jul 2010, at 22:43, "ntrimble"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I see lots of potential in this project. After testing out the program out the program, I think simplicity is its biggest plus. To get started, I'd like to see a better description of what it does and what features it has. I'd love to see this project implement a LINQ interface., though I'm not sure how much work that would be. Thanks for the code and the permissive license.